Tuesday, January 27, 2009

AT IT AGAIN...

I know that we always say that we are done working on our house, but it doesn't seem to stay that way too often. :-) Jeremy decided to fix a small leak that was happening in our basement. It wouldn't leak very often, but it still annoyed you just enough to make you mad.

Here is a picture of the wall before we started the project. (or I should say before Jeremy started the project because we all know that I let him do all of the work because he is just so good at it. :-)



He installed an internal drain system. So here he is tearing up the concrete while listening to his MP3 player.






This is the hole that he had to drill/dig. It was a TON of work, but he always makes it look so nice in the end.



Here is the same wall, but the hole that he dug now has the pipes (for water to drain into) and filled with concrete.



This is where our sump pump is located. You can see the tubes/pips coming out of the ground. That is how the water gets to the sump pump and then pumps out of our basement to outside. It hardly runs at all, but it is nice to have just in case we need it.



These pictures show the tile that he put down. He just got done doing the grout (SP) around the tile. I guess now he just has to put the trim up, paint, and then touch up a few things and it should be done. As you can tell by the pictures, I haven't done my job yet...CLEAN...it is still SO DUSTY in our basement.





Here is a picture of the bar (a work in progress picture) that we are going to be putting on the tile. Jeremy has been over at his parent's house in his free time (well, I don't know if I would call it free time...but you get the idea)working on it when he gets the chance. If you look really close, you can see little holes where you can select the height of the shelf that he is going to put along the bottom. I never thought about that, but it is a GREAT idea. GOOD JOB HONEY!!



Here is a picture of the floor & walls all done. Chase just LOVES the tile area. I am not sure what he is going to think when the bar is taking up his new "play area".(AND YES...that is Ron Burgundy on the T.V.)


Here are some pictures of the bar while it is still at Jeremy's parents house. He just finished staining it for about 4-5 hours. I guess he had to put SEVERAL coats on and I think he said he might still do a few more. The shelf isn't in yet, but it will be soon. It is all starting to come together...



AND HERE IS THE FINISHED PRODUCT...




Now let me remind you what it looked like BEFORE Jeremy started this project...


AND AFTER...


Jeremy has been working on all of this for about a month now. It has been a work in progress, but we are SO PLEASED with the results. :-)

5 comments:

DG said...

The pictures of him working still crack me up just the same as the first time you showed me. He is so stinkin handy. What did you do today honey? Oh, I rented a jackhammer and completely revamped our basement! LOL!

It turned out so good. The bar looks great. GOOD JOB JEREMY (as always) I love that the bar is big enough but not too big, if that makes any sense. It doesn't take up the whole room, it's a nice focal point. I can't wait to get over to see it.

Go ahead and get finished whatever other projects you guys want to do on your house so you can come over to ours! ;)

T said...

Nice job. Looks great. It is nice to have someone who can do things and does them well. I have one that starts thing and they never seem to get done and are a major pain in the butt while in progress.

I might have to hire Jeremy to get some of my projects done. :-)

Unknown said...

Great Job! It looks really nice! Can't wait to see it!

Abbie H. said...

WOW! That is a lot of work and it looks GREAT! I love that lantern type thing hanging in the corner.

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE BAR!!!!! Can't wait to see it! You guys absolutely AMAZE me with all your talents! We're loving the warm weather here in Phoenix!! We're also looking forward to watching our CARDINALS in the Super Bowl this Sunday!
Love ya'
Cindy