I have just been doing a lot of random posts lately, so I thought that I would take a little time to do one that has a TON of writing in it. Well, that is if Chase cooperates with me. :-)
We have been so busy and really a lot has happened in our life over the last few weeks. I am now working 2 jobs. I work at the construction company still. I LOVE IT THERE!! I really do work with the best group of people. I am now working there from 7 A.M. until Noon. Then I go over to the other side (some people may call it Kansas) and I am working at the carwash again. It is the same carwash that I worked at for 5 years before I had Chase. I haven't worked there for a little over a year, but it is under new ownership and I am back helping out temporarily until about Aug. or September. I am still going to be working at the job site for the construction company that I was talking about a few months ago. I just have to wait for that job to start, that is why I agreed to work at the carwash again. I work there every day from 1-5. I usually get there around 12:20 and I might leave about 4:45, but you get the idea.
Jeremy is still working at KCPD (Kansas City Police Department) on PM's. That means that he goes in at 4 P.M. and gets off around 2 A.M. He still really enjoys being a Police Officer. I know that he really wants to do some kind of specialized unit, so hopefully that opportunity will happen for him as soon as he is able to apply for something like that. I think that he has to work in the field for around 3 years or so before that is an option. It will be 3 years in September since he has been hired, but they go from his academy graduation date, so that date is in March or May sometime.
As you can tell by the times that I am working and Jeremy is working, we only get to see each other on the weekends before he goes to work (because I have weekends off) or on the days that he doesn't work at all when I get home from work around 5:30. IT SUCKS!! He was supposed to be on days by now, but for some reason his transfer got denied. He was told that it would go through, but GO FIGURE...it didn't. I am not sure what his next step is going to be. He has been getting advice from all kinds of people about what to do now. I think that he should just keep putting his transfer in and they have to give it to him sooner or later. I would think...but who knows. It is all a political world out there. I am sure that some of you understand that.
We went over to Jeremy's parents house a few days ago and they bought Chase some garage sale stuff. Below is the BEST thing that we have gotten yet. It may have a little purple and pink in it, but I think that Chase is in touch with his feminine side.
Well, Chase is about ready to 'try' to go to bed. Hope everyone enjoyed the update.




1 comments:
Before I get into the real response I wanted to say that I bet you can get one of those batteries at Sears, if not try Batteries Plus in Olathe (119th & Strang Line) They may have other locations but that is the only one I know of. They even had our discontinued camera battery and if they don't have it in stock then they can order it w/no shipping costs.
I love the pictures of Chase and I am so happy to hear that the Nanny thing is working out. That is a huge blessing for you guys and your stress level. Maybe you can convince her that KC has great colleges and community colleges and she doesn't need to go away for college! :) Kidding! (kinda!) I did see a book at the library on Monday about picking the perfect nanny for when the time comes to find a replacement. :)
I am SOOOO sorry to hear that Jeremy's transfer was denied. I know you were really hoping for that, and I find it really hard to believe he didn't get it. I do think that him not getting it is part of a bigger picture, I don't know what that is but I know you two will make it work, I have no doubt about that. Just cherish the few minutes that you do get together, and the phone/text time. We are always here if you need a sitter, it is rare that we have big plans so even if it is just dinner on a random last minute night you can call anytime, I would be more than happy to watch him, especially if it means you and Jeremy can have some time together.
Love you girl!!!!
Post a Comment