Wednesday, September 24, 2008

DAYCARE...A WHOLE NEW WORLD!!

POOR...POOR...CHASE...POOR...POOR...JEREMY...

These two have had a rough few weeks. Chase goes to daycare now 4 days a week. I am not sure who it is harder on...dad or son. Chase has always LOVED going to play with other little kids. He has been in a mother's day out program, he loves the nursery at church, we can drop him off anywhere to play and he has ALWAYS been happy. WELL, that has not been the case for the last 2 1/2 weeks.

Jeremy drops Chase off around 8:00-8:30 A.M. each day and then I pick him up between 5:00-6:00. The drop off time is the worse. The director (RoseMary) has to literally peel Chase off of Jeremy. Then Jeremy does the best thing for both of them and just leaves. I guess Chase stops screaming after about 15 min. or so, but it is still really hard adjusting. He is at La Petite off of Red Bridge and Holmes (South Kansas City). I really like his teacher (Ms. Rhea). I talked to her yesterday before Chase saw me there, and she said that he is doing a lot better. She also said that she has noticed that as long as Chase gets to do what he wants to do, he is happy. (GO FIGURE...We have a strong willed child?!? Who would have thought?!? That must be from Jeremy's side of the family. :-) They are working on getting him use to their schedule. He is still eating during the day and still taking naps, so he is doing okay.

Jeremy is always off 1 day during the week, so that day is Father/Son day. Jeremy SPOILS him when they are together. They usually go run errands (Chase is the happiest when he is out and about), go see Grandma (Jeremy's mom) and lately have been going to get Gunner some necessities. They both have a really good time together.

Speaking of Gunner...She (notice I am finally calling her a girl. :-) is a pretty good dog. There are only 2 things that she needs to get figured out...peeing in the house/kennel and biting. She just LOVES to follow Chase everywhere and bite on his little legs/feet. He then starts to kick her. This really is like having 2 kids. I knew that it would be, but I am still happy that we got her. Chase adores her. He really likes it when he is riding on his 4 wheeler and she chases him all around the yard. The latest thing is his basketball goal. Jeremy found one on Craig's List (if you have never been on Craig's list, you need to check it out. Just make sure that you are searching by city. We find all kinds of deals on there) and Chase will throw the ball in the hoop and Gunner will go chase it down. SO CUTE!!

Well, I am downtown "working" right now. So I guess I better go. I have just had a few people asking about Chase and daycare so I thought I would do a quick update.

1 comments:

DG said...

Got your message...But I have a question...Why do YOU have a cell phone. I think your phone hates me, I text you about an hour after I got your message saying that we were still on and asking if you guys wanted to grab lunch after the movie. I said some other stuff too but that was the jist of it! ;) We will be there for the movie by 10:45 at the latest. Can't wait, it's going to be fantastic!