I have been meaning to update my blog on the status of my job. As you all know, I am working at a construction company called PCI Dahmer (Our corporate office is called PCG---Performancing Contracting Group). We are the interior division, meaning that we specialize in Drywall, ceilings, etc. I have been there since the end of Feburary and I am still LOVING every bit of it. (Side note...This is how I met our nanny Morgan. I work with her mom, Lisa)The main company website is http://www.pcg.com/default.asp . We are Nation Wide...check it out. PRETTY COOL!!
Last week I started to work down on an actual jobsite. I LOVE IT!! I am only there 2 days a week, but that is enough for now. I am trying to learn the company inside and out. I love this part. I don't like how I don't know everything about PCI and I am ready to start learning about it and I want to know everything that I possbly can. That is why I am so excited about working on a jobsite. It is so awesome that my boss has given me this opportunity. I am sure that something will come from it, but only time will tell.
The only part that I am having a hard time getting use to is not knowing anything. I feel like it is my first day of school each time that I am down there. I know that I will get over that, or I at least have to force myself to get over it, but it is just really hard to adjust to. Especially since I am coming from working at a place where I knew how to run the whole business. It is a challenge that I am up to and I know that I will succeed. 
If you live in Kansas City, and you are ever driving downtown. You can look as you are heading down 71 hwy and you will see 2 HUGE cranes. It looks just like the picture above. This is the jobsite that I am working at. It is called KPAC (Kaufmann Performing Arts Center). This link ( http://ftp.bnim.com/netcam.jpg ) is to a live feed of the jobsite. It is kind of cool. You can follow it and see how it changes monthly. 
The picture above is what it is going to look like when it is all done. PRETTY NEAT...HUH?
Well, that is a quick update on my job situation. Sorry it is so breif, but I have a very sad child and a VERY tired mommy that both of them need to go to bed. :-)
2 weeks ago




1 comments:
Really neat to see what the project is you are working on! I'm so proud of you! Do they need a 60-yr old woman????? I'm sure I could do SOMETHING!!!! Got a kick out of your "anniversary fairy".....today is our 26th! How appropriate! I'll be sure to read it to Ron!
Cindy
Post a Comment