What a week. This is the first time that I have had a week that I was just so busy that I think I over booked myself. It started off with going to the dentist on Monday. It is time for me to start making my regular visits to the dentist. My teeth need a lot of work. I have to go back this coming Monday and then I am sure that there will be more visits to come. Then on Wednesday, I met up with Cindy Regier for a cup of Coffee at Starbucks. Cindy and Ron have been friend's of my dad's for some time now. This is a picture of Ron and Cindy that I have posted before, but it is by far my favorite one of them. They are the cutest couple and have become very close friend's of ours. 
Then on Thursday, I spent the afternoon with Jess at the Holiday Mart. It is held at the Overland Park Convention Center. Let's just say that it seems like it is the size of 3 Walmart's. Here is a link that shows you a few photo's of what the event is like. http://www.jlkc.org/?nd=photos I think that pictures speak louder then words (I know...I know...that sounded a little cheesy, but it is true!!) While we were there, I got a few Christmas presents for people, something for Chase and then something for me. I was going to get Jeremy something, but nothing stood out to me that he would like, so I will just have to take him shopping this coming week. :-) I can't post the Christmas presents that I bought because those people read my blog, but I will show you what I got and what Chase got. Below is a picture of my NEW PURSE!!
It is from a collection called Beijo ( www.beijobags.com ) . They don't have all of their items listed on their website, but it gives you the idea. Jess has had a few parties where these bags have been sold, but I have resisted EVERY time. Well this time they had the one that I wanted so I just decided to get it. I told Jeremy that it would be my Christmas present and I think that I should have said that it could be my birthday present because by the time April gets here, he would have forgotten. (LOVE YOU HONEY!!)
Then Chase got his very own "house". That is what he calls it so we are just going with it.
This was actually our first purchase of the day, but we had to go back and pick it up when we were done. I told Jeremy that it would be Chase's Christmas present too. I really need to stop using that as an excuse, but I just couldn't resist. HE LOVES IT!! I know that I am just going to find him sleeping in it one morning when I go in his room.
Then today, was a completely different setting. Chase started coughing about 4 days ago, then the runny nose joined in, then the tugging of the ear started last night. We just knew that he had an ear infection. Then on top of that, yesterday I couldn't breath at all and my throat was killing me. I knew that I was getting my usual head cold like I always do when it is a change of the season. I went to work this morning feeling like crap, but I knew that I needed to go. Especially since I was only there a 1/2 day yesterday. Well, when Chase woke up this morning he was really sick so we couldn't & shouldn't take him to daycare. It would have been miserable for everyone. So Jeremy stayed home with Chase as long as he could, but then I had to leave from work so that Jeremy could go to work. (side note...I feel REALLY bad about leaving work early again today. They actually told me to go so that I could take care of Chase and really I didn't know what we were going to do with him, but it is just the principle of it all. I think that I really do have the best boss/manager that an employee could ask for). When I got home, Chase just looked horrible. I decided to go ahead and take him to the doctor. I just knew that it was an ear infection. We got there and sure enough, it was his ear. We got the prescription and we were outta there.
On the bottom floor of the hospital where the doctor's office is, is a little play area. I have never let Chase see it or even play in it, but I thought that today could be a special day. Here is a picture of him watching a few of the other kids play. I think that he was making sure that everyone knew that this was his spot. He had a good time.
Today we also got in the shelf that I ordered for our bathroom. I have been looking EVERYWHERE for a shelf to put above our toilet. I didn't want that kind that is like a tower, I just wanted the shelf. Well, here is the finished project.
Then I also had to get new rugs and seat covers to match. Where our bathroom is at, makes it hard to get a good picture of everything but I hope you get the idea.
Well, that was our week so far. We were supposed to do our family pictures tomorrow for our Christmas cards, but it doesn't look like it is going to happen. We are taking outdoor pictures, and Chase is just a wreck when he is outside. I think that it just really affects his ear. I just hope that we can get them rescheduled in time to get everything ordered and mailed out before Christmas. Who knows, you might be getting a Christmas card from us in February, BUT YOU WILL BE GETTING ONE!! :-)
Well, I guess this is a pretty long post so I will end it here. Hope everyone has a GREAT Weekend!!
2 weeks ago




3 comments:
Wow! Ron & I feel like celebs being posted on your blog! By the way, I want a copy of that picture of us. Can you print one off for me??? Or email it to me and I'll print it off here. That would be easier, wouldn't it?
I enjoyed our time together last week. Sorry i caught you on such a busy week! We'll have to do it again soon - for sure before we leave for Arizona!
Love ya'
Cindy
The bathroom shelf looks great. I really like the teepee in his room and I am so glad he likes it, what a spoiled brat!!!! The purse is adorable, it's so you. I'm glad you didn't buy one before now because that one is really you. I hope that the squirt gets feeling better, the ear infection thing is not fun. Hopefully you can manage 5 almost full days at work this week! LOL! Thanks again for going to Holiday Mart, it was a lot of fun. We need days like that more often.
Love the purse!
Post a Comment