YES WE ARE STILL ALIVE!! I know that it has been about 4 weeks since I have updated. I can't believe how fast this year has been going by. I can't even fine the time to update my blog. I was doing GREAT until we took our trip to San Antonio. I think that I got a little TOO relaxed while vacationing and forgot how to keep doing things when I got back. For example, update the people in my blog life on what we did on our vacation. :-) We took a ton of pictures, so I will try to lay this out the best that I can. I originally planned to make this post all pretty and keep it in order of what we did day by day, but I don't think it is going to happen that way. I have a small time frame tonight to write this post, so I will just do the best that I can. This is a picture of me and Jeremy at a restaurant on the River Walk. I don't remember the name of it, but they had the BEST service. The River Walk is a VERY busy and crowded place. You usually have to wait a while to get a table unless you just want to sit at a bar. Well, when we got to this place, there was a couple that was just finishing up right as we walked up to sign in. We asked the staff member if we could have their table. He RAN to the kitchen to get a bus boy and a wash cloth, helped clean off the table AND ran back to seat us. For the first time in my entire life, I tipped the guy at the restaurant before we even sat down. I thought that it was GREAT service!! Here are a few pictures of the River Walk. It is basically a TON of shopping with a River running down the middle. You can check it out HERE.
This is the entrance to our resort. It was called Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch. Click HERE to check out their website. They have some AMAZING pictures. Ours just don't do it justice.
Jeremy took a picture of the floor because he wants to do our kitchen this way. :-)
There is this place that has a HUGE Aquarium that we wanted to go through, but the line was around the building and down the street. We decided to just pass that up. I don't remember the name of the place, but I am sure that someone will fill me in on the comment section of this post. :-)
I think these pictures are of Downtown Dallas (Jess, correct me if I am wrong). There were HUGE buildings everywhere.
We drove past the Texas Rangers Stadium. It was so AMAZING. It blows the Royals stadium out of the water!! Look at this place!!
They were working on the NEW Dallas Cowboys stadium while we were there. If you look close in these pictures, you will see people climbing around on the roof. There is no way I would want their job. Could you imagine?!?
Then we drove past the OLD Dallas Cowboys Stadium. It looks so much different. It was hard to get a picture of because the highways are out of control!!
This is our Rental car. Not bad, huh? Jeremy did his sweet talking and got us an upgrade to an SUV for basically no fee!! That's my hubby, always out for a good deal.
We arrived in Dallas on Valentine's Day. On our almost 4 hour road trip to our timeshare, we drove through Austin. This is a sign that I saw at a Bar that we passed. I laughed so hard. You can tell that it is a college town. :-)
We watched about 4 or 5 movies while we were there. There were a few rainy nights, so we decided to stay in. No better way then to snuggle up and watch a movie then to use Redbox so it only cost you $1 a night. Now that is what I call a CHEAP DATE!!
Every trip that we have ever been on, we have ALWAYS ate at Hard Rock Cafe. It seems like you can only get your picture taken together when we are in a restaurant. We don't really want to walk up to some random and ask them to take our picture and then give them our camera. (I know, I am a paranoid person.) We had a blast listening to the music and relaxing over a few drinks.
This is the Alamo. I know what you are saying..."WHERE IS THE ALAMO?!?" If you have EVER been to the Alamo, you know that it is in the middle of the city. I thought that we would be able to just get a picture as we were driving by, but the walls were too high. We had been out shopping and site seeing all day and I didn't really want to get out of the car again, so this is the best that we got. :-)
This picture should bring back a few memories for some people. This is Whataburger. This is one place that we were told we had to it, but didn't. I would have to say that there is a whataburger at EVERY exit in Texas, wouldn't you Texas people agree?!? It has to be a GREAT place to eat, but we didn't do a lot of eating out while we were there, so we just never made it there. Maybe next time since we do plan to go back some day.
This is the indoor pool at the timeshare. They had an indoor pool that also turned into an outdoor pool. It was a kids HEAVEN. There were slides, basketball goals, water guns, volleyball nets, floating rivers, etc. You name it, they had it.
This is the indoor waterslide. It is SO FAST. I am either getting REALLY old, or they have upgraded waterslides. This thing would shoot you out so fast that you would git the bottom of the pool if you didn't pay attention to what was going on.
This is a picture of Jeremy that I took while standing outside of the pool. He kept wanting me to take better pictures, so he then made me get IN THE POOL!! (I think you all know where this is leading...)
This is the first picture that I took of him going down the slide while I was standing in front of the opening at the bottom.
This is a picture that he took of me going down the slide, while standing (IN THE WATER) at the opening at the bottom.
Then we head to the outdoor part of the pool. (Still carrying the camera in the water...)
This is the waterslide that is outside. It is about the same, but longer and some of it is open so you can see the sky while going down the slide. Jeremy also wanted some more pictures of him going down this slide.
If you ask Jeremy what day was his fav. day on the whole trip, he would say the day that we stayed at the resort and played at the pool all day. He was a little kid in heaven, it was so funny.
The picture above was the LAST picture that we took with our camera. Granted, we did have some video that we took that I was hoping I was going to be able to post, but it won't let me. I guess the type of video that it is, isn't compatable with blogger. We actually recorded eachother going down the slide. Let me explain, I followed Jeremy down the slide with the camera in my hand. We knew that it might break our camera, but we still thought that it would be fun. :-) Jeremy has had his camera for about 5 years, so we didn't care what happened to it. Well, here is the result... THIS IS OUR NEW CAMERA!! We got a Canon Rebel. We got a REALLY good deal on it, so that is probably the only reason we went ahead and got this nice of a camera.
The other one worked for the rest of the "pool day" that we had, but wouldn't turn on the next morning. So we were "forced" to go buy a new camera. Which we had been wanting to do for some time, but just never had a reason. So, secretively, I think Jeremy just wanted a reason.
Then we had to get in some practice shots with our new camera.
One of the reasons that we liked the Canon Rebel so much was because of the shutter speed and the ability to focus SO WELL. So then we had to test that out on a few random things.
We really didn't do much the last few days. We decided that we didn't want to wake up early on Saturday to catch our flight, so we drove to Dallas on Friday. 8 hours later...yes, you read that right EIGHT WHOLE HOURS!! It sould have only been about a 4 hour drive, but you haven't experience rush hour until you try to drive from San Antonio to Dallas on a Friday afternoon...WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?
On Saturday night, when we got to Jess and Rickey's house, Chase just woke up from his nap. He had such a blast. For the next several weeks, he kept doing things that he learned from their daughter Abby. She was such a great big sister to him and Jess and Rickey were FABULOUS fill in parents. We hear about them frequently now because I think that Chase thinks that their home is his home away from home.
Thank you Jess & Rickey for watching him. We couldn't have gone on this trip without your help. We know that you guys had a blast, but we hope that he didn't wear you guys out too much. :-)
This is finally my update on our trip that we took almost 2 months ago. I am sorry that I have neglected my blog for so long. Life has just been a whirlwind ever since we got back from Texas. I hope to start posting more soon. I have been getting all of the e-mails telling me to update...Hope that this fills the void in your life that I left you with. :-)
2 weeks ago




3 comments:
Looks like you all had fun!
Looks like you had fun and enjoyed the much needed "wife & hubby" time.
Thanks for the updates.
God bless!
You totally threw me for a loop with the date, LOL, but slowly I figured out that it was an update, I am not the quickest one...we both know that. The pictures turned out great, my favorite is the "test" picture with the new camera, so funny. We had a blast with Chase, it was fun having him at the house and we were happy that you guys got to get away!
Post a Comment