*****UPDATE PART 2******WELL...LONG STORY SHORT, our home is no longer under contract. I don't really feel like going into a lot of detail, but as of right now, we are NOT moving. We hope that we will still be able to move into the house that I described below, but we understand if the sellers want to put it back on the market for other people to see. JUST KEEP THIS WHOLE PROCESS IN YOUR PRAYERS!!********
*****UPDATE:WE GOT THE HOUSE!! We went back and forth 3 times, but I think that both parties should be happy with the ending. We have the inspection on our current home this Wednesday, so you can be praying about that. I am not sure when we are going to do the inspection on our new home, but I am sure that everything will pass with FLYING colors!! Thanks for all of your continued prayers...******
A few weeks ago we FINALLY received an offer on our house!!! We did the whole counter offer thing and now the contracts have been signed...WOO HOO!!!! Now for the "fun" part...INSPECTION TIME!! The buyer for our house is coming over on Wednesday (July 22) to get an inspection on our house. There isn't anything that we are aware of that should have to be fixed, but we all know that the inspectors ALWAYS find something...
SO...yesterday we decided that we would go look at houses. Since we have been somewhat looking for 2 years, we knew EXACTLY what we wanted. We still tried to do the right thing though and look at every style/floor plan that was out there because we wanted to make sure that we still liked the same thing.
After a FULL PACKED day, we decided to make an offer on a California Split Floor Plan. These pictures below do not do the house justice, but it will still give you an idea of what the house looks like.
Right When you walk in the front door, you have your living room off to your left and the kitchen/dining room up on the 2nd level (AND THERE ARE 5 LEVELS TO THIS HOUSE!!) or you can go down the stairs to the basement and then there is also a sub basement. I will call the sub basement the 1st level, the basement the 2nd level, the main floor where you walk in the house is the 3rd level, the kitchen & 2 bedrooms on the 4th level and the MASTER is upstairs on the 5th level.
So this is the main floor (3rd level)... 

Here is the Kitchen (4th Level)...
Here is the 5th Level...THE MASTER BEDROOM.
Then of course I had to show you the Master Bathroom. If you look in the mirror, you can see our walk-in closet on the other side of the bathroom.
THEN MY JETTED TUB...oh...dreaming already...
Then this is the Basement (the 2nd level). You can see in the right side of the picture another room. That is a bathroom with another bedroom and laundry room.
Our back yard even has a SWINGSET...which is a good thing since Jeremy just sold Chase's current swing set on Craigslist. 
Then this is the back of our house...
WE EVEN HAVE A NEIGHBORHOOD POOL. I am not sure where it is at in the neighborhood, but I am sure we will find it.
And the neighborhood park...CHASE WILL BE IN HEAVEN!!
The other best thing about where we are going to be moving to is BRANDI...well, Bobby and Ty too (but I don't have a pic of Bobby). 
I am sure that some of you have heard my stories in the past about this family, but we just owe them SO MUCH. Brandi has basically held my hand while learning all of the Police "stuff" and Ty is like a big brother to Chase (well, whenever we have actually all gotten together. :-) Bobby was Jeremy's 1st FTO (Field Training Officer---the first person that trained Jeremy after he graduated from the Police Academy.) They will go to the ends of the earth for ANYONE and we just appreciate everything that they do. Well, their house is a stone throw away from the house that we are trying to buy!! When we were leaving the house and talking with our agent, I said "Isn't Bobby's house around here somewhere?!?" Then as we were backing out, I asked our agent to go a certain way down the street, right as we were out of the driveway, I look to my left & THERE IT WAS!! THE WISDOM HOUSEHOLD!! If you are a KCPD Officer, I am sure you know where it is. :-) Then as we were driving down the street to head back home, we stopped and talked with another Officer that Jeremy trained with and worked with for a while. Let's just say, it is SO NICE to finally be in an area and neighborhood that is so WELCOMING!!
Well, I think that I have done enough rambling...I will keep you posted after the inspection on Wednesday AND after we hear back from the people we made an offer with last night. We should know something by tonight...
2 weeks ago




7 comments:
Ah, Jennifer....you are giving us way to much glory than we deserve...you are so sweet! We are just thrilled about this possibly happening! I seriously CANNOT believe it! How long have we been talking about this???? FOREVER! I am keeping my fingers crossed today and whatever is meant to be is meant to be. But my hope is that I'll be seeing you guys with your moving truck driving down my road!!! LOVE YA!
The house is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it. And I'll keep the inspection in my prayers, I am sure it will turn out fine...STAY POSITIVE :)
WOW! No wonder I haven't heard from you in awhile! I'm so happy for you. You have been waiting for this for a long time. I hope everything goes smoothly and that you'll be able to get into your new home ASAP! Did you get my email that I sent to you about my new part-time job??? Call me when you have a chance and maybe we can find a time to get together and catch up. Love you, Cindy
WOO HOOOOOO! Congrats on the new home!!!
Police Wives Inc would love if you could possibly add our link to your blog... We have you listed as an LEO Wife Blog on our website, which you can find at PoliceWives.org. THANKS!
That's amazing how that all worked out. I absolutely cannot wait until we buy a house. We lived in KC for a few months when we first got married and we just LOVED it. Looks like a beautiful house and neighborhood. Congratulations!
Still bummed for you but still praying. God is preparing a place for you, it will all work out, I know that's hard to wrap your mind around when you thought the waiting part of the journey was over, but just hold on, it will happen! LOVE YOU GUYS!
Post a Comment