Monday, February 22, 2010

AWARD TIME...

The rules of this award are:
Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
Copy the award and place it in your blog.
Link the person who nominated you for this award.
Tell us 7 interesting things about you.
Nominate 7 bloggers.
Post the links to the 7 bloggers you nominate.
Thanks for Jess over at Cherish this baby for this award.
You know more then anyone how grateful I am for the friendship that we have had over the past 10+ years (have you ever tried to figure out the exact number of years we have known each other?!?) and you will always be the bestest friend I could ever ask for. I feel like we have helped each other grow in so many ways and we will continue to grow together and with our families. I LOVE YOU!
It is hard to try to think of seven things that are interesting about myself, but I will try.

1) I LOVE WORKING! Not a lot of people can say that, but I really enjoy my job. I am there by 7 AM and not off until 4 PM, but I still enjoy it. I have been working at a construction company for 2 years now doing administrative work. I work with a great group of people and wouldn't trade my job for anything else.

(side note...i love this cartoon because of my history on how fast my hubby and i met, then got engaged about a month later...too funny!)
2) I am a VERY impulsive person. I know that most of you know this by now, but I still think that it is interesting. I think that it is almost out of control sometime. I am not talking about the impulsive type of person that is standing in the check out line at the grocery store and decides to buy a candy bar. I am talking about the kind that just goes to "look" at Nebraska Furniture Mart and then leaves with a brand new living room set. Don't get me wrong, I never do anything impulsive that affects our financial situation, but I am VERY impulsive. The best part is that my husband is starting to be impulsive too!! LOVE IT!

3) I LOVE COUPONS AND SHOPPING! It is almost like therapy for me. The only thing is that I HAVE to have a coupon. That may sound dorky, but I thrive off of coupons. I have saved us SO MUCH $$ by using coupons. For example, the last time that I went to the grocery store, I spent about $100, but I saved over $200!! That means that I got about $300 worth for groceries for only $100!! That is why I LOVE coupons!! Here are some of my favorite websites that I shop on:
At Home America - I use to sell this stuff. IT IS AMAZING! I wish I still sold it, but I just can't commit 100% to it, so I had to give it up. Our house is decorated with all of their merchandise and I am constantly buying new stuff.
Partylite - I think that I am going to have another party in March so that I can get some more of this stuff for our house. I have a wish list going.
Uppercase Living - I am obsessed with this company. Our house is covered with these stickers. It is almost to the annoying point. :-)
Line Roy - this is a new one that Jess showed me. I haven't bought anything yet, but I do have a HUGE wish list.
LTD Commodities - this website has everything you could possibly need, but cheaper. Some of the stuff is cheaply made, but most of it is a great deal! I order from here at least every few months.

4) I am saving $100 a month by purchasing a NEW CAR...well...new to us! I use to have a truck (that I miss dearly), but I told my hubby that it would be nice to have cargo area again. So, my bargin shopping husband came across a Hummer H3 and sent 122 text messages between a dealership and now I have a different vehicle. I LOVE IT! The best part is that I have the same amount of time to pay on this vehicle as I would if I kept my truck and it is $100 cheaper each month!! Dave Ramsey would be proud.
5) I have no patience! This is not a secret to many, but some do not know this. It doesn't matter if I am waiting at a stop light and I want it to turn green, standing in line at the grocery store, or just waiting for someone to call me back. I need a TON of work in this area. I think that I am a ton better, but I just need to learn to be MORE PATIENT!!

6) My husband and I are OBSESSED with Craigslist. I hope that you know what I am talking about. If you have never been to this website, then you need to check it out. It is the first place that we go for EVERYTHING no matter what we are shopping for. If we are going to buy something or sell something, then this is the first website that we will go to. As some of you know, my hubby has to sell something before he will buy it so that is why we are usually found on this website first! Have you ever sold anything on Craigslist?? Did you make good money?? Have you ever bought anything off of Craigslist?? Was it worth it?
WELL...how about 6 things?? I can't seem to think of a 7th item...oh well. Now for award time:
BNW Photography - This is a close friend of ours. She takes our family pictures. Check out her blog and make an appointment. She is the best at what she does and I know that we will never go to anyone else!
MRS. FUZZ - I have never met MRS. FUZZ, but her blog is always making me laugh. We have a lot in common since both of our hubby's are Police Officers.
We Are That Family - I read this blog daily. She is always writing about something that will make me laugh, think or just smile.
Wanna Be Balanced Mom - This is a new blog that I recently started to read. I believe that it is only a few months old. Go over and show some support for this "newby". :-)
The Mommy Rambles - This blog is just full of everything you can think of. I love her randomness.
Nesting Place - I have gotten so many ideas from this blog...enjoy!
once again...six people are getting nominated instead of 7. Always falling 1 short. :-)
HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED MY RANDOMNESS IN THIS POST!! Make sure you let me know when you post about your award!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

awww...thank you! So sweet for including me!

mrs. fuzz said...

Hey thanks! I just posted mine 7 things. I love that pantry that you got for V day by the way. It doesn't look like a pantry especially with the decorative shelf added on. :) I love the color too.

Crystal Escobar said...

Ah, thank you so much!!!
I sure loved reading all that stuff about you. We are a lot alike :) especially the patience part, and the impulsiveness. My husband and I starting talking marriage on our 3rd date, and got married 3 months after we met. Wow, you got me beat though, only one month! I love it!

Unknown said...

Hey Hey Hey..... what is my blog??? Oh, boring. That's what. No wonder I didn't make the list. I just use my blog for therapy anyway.... LOL

MrsMonicaLB said...

Congrats on the award and thats a great list!
found you through MrsFuzz' blog,now following you.