Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The boys finally got together today for a play date. We haven't done that in a while and we always have so much fun.

Christian LOVED the lawn mower. I think that it might be in the Swim genes to mow lawns.
Then Mya (my friend Rachael daughter) came over after Christian left. Notice that Chase is always the one riding in the wagon??
I thought I would start this post out with a few pictures. I love to take pictures and I know that you all love to see them. We were outside for quite a while today. Chase has so much "fun playing in the sun". (like my cheesy saying?!?) He is just like me, his cheeks get red and he gets grouchy the longer he is in the heat. :-)
I swear I am the only one that actually updates my blog on a regular basis. You guys all act like you have a life or something. Seriously, take 10 min. every few nights to tell the rest of us what is going on. I know that a few of you are having memory problems (not naming any names), and some of you say that there isn't any thing new to tell us (once again, not naming any names), but just post a few pics. That is all I do when I really don't have much to tell you about.
I feel like I never talk about Jeremy and what he is up to. Maybe that is because we really aren't doing anything new in our life. Right now he is on this kick of wanting to buy a motorcycle. Even though we already owned one---then sold it, bought a dirt bike---sold that, and now he wants another motorcycle. Then, he decided to have people come over to give us quotes on changing things in our home. For example, a room addition---or new siding---or finish the garage off---or redo our bedroom...you just never know what he wants to do. The only thing that is INCREDIBLY different between me and Jeremy is when I am "shopping" around for prices to do/buy something, I am planning to buy it. Jeremy on the other hand just likes to get prices. :-) Maybe that isn't such a bad thing. I guess that means that I am the one that spends the money. Oh well, I like that role.
I don't really have much new going on in my life. I guess I could give you a small update about my job that I started a few months ago. First off, it is going GREAT!! I got this incredible job opportunity offered to me at my 30 day review. I went through the firing squad (some of you might call it an interview), and after several days of waiting, I found out that i didn't get the position. I was kind of bummed, but good things came out of the interview process. They are putting me in a different position then I am currently working. I am going to be working at a job site. NO...I am not gong to be peeing in a Porto potty and living in a trailer. I know some of you are thinking that. I will still have a desk in an actual building and a REAL toilet with running water. :-) I will just be doing the behind the scenes of the job...like paper work, payroll, etc. I will still be doing what I am doing right now, but when I start working at the job site, I will be full time. I am really excited about being full time. We are not sure when I will start this position, but we are hoping within 4-6 weeks. Once I have a projected date from my boss, which I should be getting soon, Jeremy will transfer and start working days. Then Chase will be in Daycare and we will have a normal family life. Jeremy really enjoys being around Chase and I know that he is excited about being home with him at night. He has been working nights for the last 7 or 8 years. He is ready to work days.
Well, I guess that is all that is going on in our life right now. I will update again when I have more pictures to post OR something new to tell you about.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HEY!!! Who are you saying has a "memory" problem????? Huh??? Huh??? Huh???? Sheesh... So, that's how you treat an old woman??? Uh huh.... At least I let you play with my grandson!!! Looks like the boys had fun. And hey, I UPDATED today... LOL So, what's the problem??? And I am up to my EYEBALLS in CHILDREN'S MUSICAL right now.... so cut an old lady a little slack, alright??? LOLOL

You know I love ya! *MUAH*

j-nell said...

That's why I don't blog. I'd never be able to keep it updated!

Unknown said...

Pssst.... Meg is blogging!
www.meghanweaver.blogspot.com

Woo hoo!