Friday, April 25, 2008

HOW TO CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU'RE OLD AND DON'T MOVE FAST ANYMORE!!

George Phillips of Meridian, Mississippi was going up to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things. He phoned the police, who asked 'Is someone in your house?' and he said 'no'.Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be along when available. George said, 'Okay,' hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again. 'Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot them.' Then he hung up. Within five minutes six police cars, a SWAT Team, a helicopter, two fire trucks, a paramedic and an ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence and caught the burglars red-handed . One of the Policemen said to George: 'I thought you said that you'd shot them!' George said, 'I thought you said there was nobody available!' (True Story) I LOVE IT - Don't mess with old people.



Isn't that a GREAT story. I got this e-mail from my cousin. She has some of the best e-mails sometimes. On another note, I got pulled over today. I had a car full of people that I work with and we were driving to go somewhere to eat in Belton. I was going 10 MPH over the speed limit, and I saw the cop. I didn't slam on my breaks, but I did start to slow down. When I passed by the cop, I made complete eye contact with him. I hate it when that happens. he let a few cars go past him and then sure enough, here he came. I told the girls that I was about to get pulled over. Then a few blocks down the road, he turned on his lights behind me. I thought..."how am I going to mention my hubby is a cop and not make it sound like I am better then him". Well, he comes up to my window..."hello ma'am...I am _____with the Belton Police department...blah....blah....blah....and I pulled you over because you don't have a front plate on your car". ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!? Why even waste your time? I kind of chuckled, blamed it on Jeremy (which is how I got in that he worked for KCPD) and then started to reach to my driver's license. As I was handing him my driver's license, he asked me for my insurance card...my mind drew a blank. I just took my CD holder off of my visor the other day to clean out my car and that is where I kept my insurance card. I looked at him and told him that I didn't have it and explained why. I also proceeded to tell him that I am sorry and embarrassed because Jeremy always says that if people don't have their insurance card, he always finds a reason to give them a ticket because he hates it when people don't have insurance. He says that those are the people that you are going to get in a wreck with some day and have to pay for the damages because they think their better then everyone else. He chuckled at me and went back to his car. A few min. later he came back and told me that he is going to give me a warning this time, but to get a plate on the front of my car. Once again...I didn't get a ticket. MAN...I should have married a cop A LONG TIME AGO!! This no ticket thing is great. If anything, I should have started telling the person pulling me over that my brother was a cop or something. KCPD is so big that there is no way all cops know each other. :-) Well, that is my update for today. Hopefully I won't have one like this for a long time.

0 comments: