Saturday, April 26, 2008


What is it with me and running into situations where it involves the police (or the Po-Po as Chase calls them. I think Jeremy taught him that). I was just arriving at Target and I was getting Chase out of the car. As we turned around to start walking into Target (off of 135th and State Line, so it isn't in a bad area) these 3 men were throwing this other man on the ground right outside the front door. Being the cautious person that I am, I stopped in my tracks because I didn't want to get Chase near the situation. After about 2 min. of the men struggling, the security guard yelled can someone call the cops, so I proceeded to help him in the situation and called 911. When talking with the dispatcher, I asked if she could send a car to the Target off of 135th and State Line. She says "I need an exact address ma'am.". So I turned around to a Target employee and asked the address and he says the same thing "135th and State Line". So I repeat it to the dispatcher and start to tell her what is going on. She tells me that they will get someone out that way as soon as they can. As I am on the phone with the police, everyone is just walking by these guys as they are struggling to get handcuffs on this "man". No one is cautious and kids are a few feet away laughing and such. I was so annoyed. I couldn't believe that parents would let their kids near this type of situation. It was obvious that this guy was resisting being put in cuffs and they didn't even think that he was dangerous. Maybe I am just over thinking everything, but that is what I have become accustom to just because of Jeremy's job. Anyway, I go inside do my shopping (roughly 20-30 min. Pretty good for Target. I am usually in there for an hour) and when I come back out, they are just getting the guy to quit fighting and handcuffs on him. The Police showed up right as I was pulling away. I think I better stay home for a few days, I don't need anymore run ins with the PO-PO!!

0 comments: