
Today was a really relaxing day. It started off with Chase waking me up at about 6 A.M. I guess he was more excited about Mother's Day then I was. :-) We let daddy sleep a little longer. We figure that since he doesn't get home from work until about 2:30 A.M., he might need to sleep a little longer. We all got ready for church and left around 10:15 A.M.. the boys surprised me and took me to Starbucks!! The best Mother's Day gift EVER!! But seriously, $5 for a drink...a little out of control on the prices.
For those who don't know, we started going to a different church about 3 or 4 months ago. My dad started attending our current church about 6 months ago. He kept telling us that we HAVE to come check it out. We knew that we wanted to switch churches, but we didn't even know where to start looking. After all, I had been going to the same church for 15 years!! I basically grew up at the church that we were currently attending and Jeremy had been going to the same church with his parents for years also. We loved it there, but it was time to find a church that we could both call home. Anyway, we finally gave into my dad's request and went to church with him. The 1st Sunday that we were there. WE WERE AMAZED!! We went to the children's wing (and I mean wing...they will soon have their own building!!). After seeing the children's area, we thought "well, if the pastor sucks at preaching we will just volunteer back here every week." IT IS SO COOL!! I posted a picture below that I took off of the church's website. CHECK IT OUT...
They have a theme for every room, Chase is in the Barn room (I think that is what it is called). they have a Police room, a Bank, and all sorts of different themes. If you look at the pictures above, you can see the huge slide with a tree house and all kinds of cool toys. Anyway, back to the point...we attended the service and it was GREAT!! The pastor is a retired Kansas City Cop. (I think he was a TAC guy, but I don't remember exactly.) It is nice to have the cop/Christian background. He understands the mentality that Jeremy has to have while on the Job. (If that makes any sense?!?) I guess I should tell you the name of the church in case you ever want to check it out. It is called ALBC - Abundant Life Baptist Church. I never thought I would be attending a Baptist church. After all, I went to a Baptist school and HATED it!! I probably shouldn't say that I hated the school, I STRONGLY don't like over 1/2 of the people that worked there. :-) That sounds better.
Well, as you can see I am just kind of rambling (which is why Mama's Ramblings is a good title for my blog.). I should probably go take a shower and get ready for bed since I just got Chase to sleep. I really just wanted to come on here and post to tell all of my friend's and family that are mom's HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! I hope that you had a great day just like I did!!





4 comments:
Glad you had a great Mother's Day! I did too! Went to church, then the Royal's game, then to Dyan's for dinner... Nice day.
Love you~ Deb
I'm so happy for you and Jeremy, that you have plugged into a good church. So important for Chase...
We must get together someday for a cup of coffee!!! Are you game??? Call me!
I love reading your blogspot!
Cindy
HIIIIII CINDY!!! How the heck are you??? I'd love to have some coffee too...... can I join you girls??
*muah* ~Deb
WHERE IS MY UPDATE...It's Wednesday?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Post a Comment