Monday, July 7, 2008

This is what we just added to our wall that originally had the star hanging on it. There is a sconce on each side. The sconces have magnifying glasses so that when the candle is lite, it looks HUGE!! That is why they are kind of blurry. Then, instead of 4 pictures hanging, I have 2 frames with mirrors and then 2 frames with Chase and Jeremy.


I also went to Lowe's today and bought some flowers and a few pots for the backyard. I wanted 1 in each corner of Chase's play area. They look SO AWESOME! I have to tell you that I do not do the yard work. Don't get me wrong, I know how to mow and if you tell me how to do anything else, I will do it. But I am not the first one to volunteer. Jeremy has grown up doing yard work, so I will have to have him go touch up my attempt to plant flowers. I got some flowers called Miniature Rose Moss (they have another name too, but I can't remember it). Here is a link of what these flowers look like... http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1041925036026966670gnWPCC ... I tried to post the picture, but it wouldn't let me. Mine aren't near this pretty yet, but I am hoping that they will look like this. I have them in a flowering pot, so they will look better then this picture, but it gives you an idea. I will take a picture after some flowers start to bloom. Right now they really do look like moss. There are just some green sticky things in the flowering pots. :-)


I tried something new tonight for the first time. Normally every night, I will get Chase to bed between 9 - 10 then I will eat, take a shower, blow dry my hair and get ready for bed. By that time it is almost 11:30 or later. Then I am up at 5:30-6:00 A.M. I am starting to realize that I am not cut out for that. So...tonight I thought..." I wonder if I can wash my hair in the sink while Chase is in the bath...THEN...after his bath, I can sit him on the couch to watch one of his movies take a quick shower to get completely clean and I can get to bed at a decent hour". Well, it partially worked. I got my hair washed, got Chase on the couch to watch his movie, got in the shower...then "KNOCK...KNOCK...". Chase got the baby proof knob off of our bathroom door and here he comes. Boy was it hard to finish showering with a kid hitting the curtain every second and popping his head around the corner saying "PEEK A BOO"...At least he wasn't crying and screaming out of fear at what he was seeing. :-) (A little too much information...I know) But, the job was accomplished. That is all that matters. It wasn't as relaxing as a shower is supposed to be, but at least I am clean and I can go to bed before midnight....After we get done playing the game of me putting him in his bed, leaving the room, him coming out of his room and then all over again, I will go to bed. We just did round 5, so maybe this will be the last round and I will win. If anyone else wants to play this game, just let me know and you can have him as many nights in a row as you want. :-) Jeremy might have to come steal him back. He always misses the little guy.

Well, I guess that is probably enough for now. I just thought that I have been posting a lot of pictures lately, but haven't really been saying a whole lot. Hope that everyone had a good 4th of July and don't forget to vote on my background.

1 comments:

DG said...

How is your attempt at a new schedule going? I hope it is working out, I remember that stage when it was so hard to get the simple things done!!! I use to shower at night while Abby ate dinner. I would put her in her highchair in the bathroom and she would eat while I showered, it was actually very peaceful, I was close enough that she was content and I got to take my time showering and not have to worry about her getting into things!

I like the new hanging stuff. It looks really nice, you guys did great with the stripes they really make the room!