As most of you know, Jeremy is one of those people that is always working. He is either working for the department, working off duty, or working on the house. About 3weeks ago, he decided that he was over at his parent's house and realized that about 3 or 4 of their neighbor's we getting new roofs. "WHAT A GREAT IDEA"...he thought. :-) He soon found out that they were all claiming hail damage with their insurance companies. Sure enough, the very next day Jeremy is on the phone all day with our insurance company and all kinds of roofing companies. SO... to make a long story short (which I don't do very often), here we are a few weeks later with a new roof and it didn't cost us anything!! We also got new gutters and a new awning. SO EXCITING!! Jeremy really has a way to get things done for cheap, but most of the time it is almost always FREE! Here are a few pictures of the roofing process.
This is our house before the new roof. I know that it isn't a very good close up picture, but I am all about the before and after shots.
Here is the company showing up with the shingles. THIS PART WAS EXCITING!! Jeremy was taking pictures from the window, SO FUNNY!
Here is a shot after they have everything sitting up there waiting to be put into place. The stuff sat up there for about 4 or 5 days. That part was annoying. The company was really bad with their scheduling, but still did an awesome job.
AND THE FINISHED PROJECT!!! I know what some of you are saying, I don't see a difference. I assure you that it looks SO MUCH BETTER. Jeremy picked out a type of shingle that had a little green in it and that really is the finishing touch.
2 weeks ago




1 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the green touch. Although we got to see a slight bit of it done the other night it looks so great now that it's complete. That is a good touch to the house too! We were very happy when we saw the details of our house when we were looking and they had just replaced the roof...that is a pricey detail that is VERY important! Jeremy is such a handy husband...he needs his own show! ;)
Post a Comment