We all may HATE doing yard work, but Chase for some reason LOVES it. He just likes to spend time outside no matter what he is doing. As most of you know, we have this HUMONGOUS tree in our back yard. It seems like all of the leaves have fallen off until you look up. Then it looks like they haven't even started to fall.
Well this past weekend we decided that it is time to do round 1 of racking the leaves. Jeremy got this new blower off of Craigslist (which by the way is our new fav. site. It has been for several months now. We have sold and bought all kinds of things on there and the best part is that we don't have to ship anything. If you have never been on Craigslist.com , then you need to check it out. PRETTY COOL!!) and he decided to try it out. It worked GREAT. We just put everything into piles and then racked them up. I think that the pictures below tell the story by them self...
Here is Chase ready to go to work. I didn't think that he would like wearing his hat, but he didn't mind it. He even wanted to wear his gloves too.
After we got him to understand that the leaves went in the bags and they weren't his new "house" then he had a BLAST.
This was his favorite part. He loved to see how many leaves he could pick up in 1 big scoop. He thought that he was SUCH A BIG BOY!!
I think that by the time we got to the last pile of leaves, he thought that anything he could find in the yard was supposed to go in the bag. I don't think that dad liked that concept. :-) Good thing Chase didn't go after the mulch, that REALLY wouldn't have made dad happy. He put a lot of work into the play area and wouldn't want all of that to go to waste.
Well, that is pretty much all we did this weekend. I will have some REALLY good pictures to post later this week. Chase is either going to be a puppy or a monkey for Halloween. We will just have to see which costume fits him the best.
2 weeks ago




2 comments:
Looks like fun was had by all!
We have a HUGE oak tree (probably a couple hundred years old) in our front yard. I see leaves everywhere too....but as soon as you look up at the tree itself, I still is so full!!! Glad you all had fun!
Post a Comment