Saturday, November 29, 2008

IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME

After spending some time with Jeremy's family and my dad on Thanksgiving, we started yesterday with some SHOPPING!! Well, I started the day with some shopping. :-) I had our list in hand as well as a list from a few other people. I left the house at 5:30 and headed to Walmart. I was on a mission for Tupperware for $7 (a set of 28 and the lids attach to the bottom and then they won't get lost.). I got us 2 sets, then 1 for Jeremy's mom (Jan) and 1 for Jeremy's brother's girlfriend (Brandy). I also got Jeremy an MP3 player for $29!! It was probably his most exciting purchase that I got him. We also got him an arm band/belt clip to wear with it. The best purchase that I got for Chase was a set of hot wheels (cars) for $5. There is a total of 10 in the set. That is for his stocking. He will LOVE IT!!

Jeremy has been researching where to shop at for the past week. Since he works off duty at Walmart, it made it really easy for him to see what the best deals were. There were a few other things on the list, but I was too late (apparently getting there at 5:45 A.M. is too late). We really wanted a new portable DVD player, but they were sold out. Brandy called me and said that she found one at Target that was on sale, so she got it for us. I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds pretty nice.

I was on the phone with Brandy and Jess for about two hours off and on from 5:30-7:30during the morning. We were all on a mission to help each other get the items that we wanted. While talking to Jess, she was waiting in line at Target in Independence in the Electronic section. She wanted to purchase the Nintendo DS for their daughter. At her target, you have to stand in line and hope that there is still one left at the counter to purchase when it is your turn. I told her that I was right next to a Target, so I would run in. I walked right up to the counter and the guy opened up a box that was on the floor and there sat about 10 of what she was looking for. I told him that I would take one. Then I went to the front to pay. It rang up for $149. I thought that Jess said it was only supposed to be $129, so that is what I told them, so they gave it to me for that price. Much to my surprise, after talking to Jess again letting her know that it was in my possession, she laughed because I guess it WAS supposed to be $149. Let's just say that I got it cheaper than what Walmart even had it selling for. :-)

When I think of Black Friday, I think of all of the sales and where to begin.


There are so many sales that day. I don't think that this year was as good as last year, but there were still some good deals out there. The one place that we ran into where there was a HUGE line was Kohl's. I saw some people that I knew and after talking to them, they said that they were just told that the wait would be about 2 hours. NO WAY!! We put everything down and left.


We have officially made it Christmas in our house. Jeremy got the stuff out of the attic and we started to decorate last night. It is our family tradition to decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. It is quite the ordeal to keep Chase out of the tree. He would make the perfect cat. :-) This is the first thing that he did when we put the tree up.


We tried to get him in the Christmas mood. We are taking him to see Santa next week (I thought it was this week, but it is next Saturday) and I want him to wear the Santa hat, but he isn't wanting to cooperate at all.


We got these last year for our stockings. We wanted something different and something fun for Chase. We thought that a Choo Choo Train was the perfect fit.


I think that this year I am going to get Chase a new stocking. I don't really like his. I don't know what I want, but something different.


After we had Chase, we had to think about where we put our decorations. This is a 4 Cubed setting under our TV. We could only put things there that Chase could play with, so this is what we came up with. Plus, he loves dancing to the music when he pushes the button. It was great entertainment while we decorated.


This is our dining room. I think that the table cloth is one of my favorite decorations. It is supposed to look like Santa's outfit.


Here is the finished product of the Christmas Tree. We have to be careful what decorations we put along the bottom because every year it seems that Chase breaks a few. We are slowly adding more along the bottom to try to break him in, but I don't know how well it is going to work.


This is another picture from our Dining room. Chase LOVES the snowmen. He thinks that they are his new best friend. So I guess he just made 4 NEW FRIENDS!!


When Chase woke up this morning, he went around to all of the snowmen saying good morning and giving them kisses. TOO FUNNY!!


Well, that was our day yesterday. I think that it made all of us exhausted, but it was a good time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuute....

DG said...

Thank you again for your help on the DS, I am so excited about that! The decorations look great, I love the one of Chase kissing the snowman!!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Your house looks so pretty! Thanks again for watching Christian the other night! He said he a a lot of fun at Cousins house!