
I once read somewhere, "If Opportunity doesn't knock, build a door." Ever since I read that quote, I have been trying to do that. I think that there are several ways to "build doors" in your life. One way is by networking. I feel that this is one of my strong attributes. I love to network with people, learn about people, and so on. Last Thursday, I felt like my "building doors" just keeps progressing to more and more. I was given a new position at work. I am REALLY excited about it. I didn't even know that it was coming and the best part is that I didn't even have to apply for it. I guess we can just consider it a promotion. I am still going to continue doing my current duties (receptionist work, helping with Accounts Payable, etc.), but I am just adding to my plate. Which I am ALWAYS willing to do. The more duties that I have, the better. I like to be busy all of the time.
I am now working with our estimating department. They are the ones who put numbers together and let a General Contractor know how much it would cost us to build whatever they want built. In my opinion, they are a HUGE key in our business. If we can't get any work, then we don't have jobs. We have to bring in money somehow. :-) I am going to be doing the paperwork side of the estimating. For example, a fax comes in and requests that we present a bid for a building that someone wants built. I take that fax, collect all the information needed to start the process (plans, bid date, etc.). THEN...while our estimators are working on a $$$ amount for the project, I am working on getting the rest of the paperwork. (bid bonds, tax exempt forms, certified payroll, etc.). We receive about 10 or more bid invites a day. So I think that it is fair to say that I am going to be staying busy at work for a LONG time. 
Now I have 2 titles with the company. I am a Contract Administrator (when I am working with Accounts Payables) and I am an Estimating Assistant (when I am working with the estimating department). I have to say that one thing I really like about working for a Corporate company is that everyone has a title and they always sound AWESOME!! :-)
Well, I guess that is what has been going on with my life. I will update again as soon as something new happens. :-)
2 weeks ago




1 comments:
You need to make them get you a 2nd hard hat so you have one for each title. :) LOL, sorry, couldn't resist. Congrats again on the promotion, I am so glad they just popped it on you randomly. You deserve it and you will do great!!!!!!!
Post a Comment