This weekend has already been PACKED!! Last night, we took Chase to Crown Center. We met Rickey, Jess and Abby there. Jess mentioned a place called Fritz (SP?!?). It is a restaurant that you use a phone in your booth to order food and then it is delivered on a train. CHASE LOVED IT!! Jess took some pictures, so once she posts them on her blog, I will steal them. :-)After we ate and walked around Crown Center to look at the lights and shop, we all came back to our house to have our own little Christmas. I think that Jeremy's gift was the most popular...see the picture below...
Ever since I have known Jeremy (which is about 4 years now), he has been talking about getting an ice tea maker. I don't know why we haven't bought one, you would think that they cost $1000 or something. But this made the PERFECT gift. He was smiles all night and I am pretty sure that he is on a STRICT TEA ONLY DIET!!
Jess also gave me the BEST thing ever. She is SO GOOD at finding something that just makes you smile enough to almost cry. I didn't get a picture of it, but it is a frame with a saying on it about Friendship. Our friendship has lasted through SO MUCH over the last 15 years (I don't remember the exact number of years...Jess, am I close?!? You are better at remembering that type of thing.)She also wrote some of the sweetest things in her card. I really couldn't have asked for a better friend.
I have never been to Crown Center before, so it was cool to see all of the stuff that they have there. Chase also got something pretty cool last night. While we were at Crown Center, we went into the Crayola store. He absolutely loves to color so we got him a HUGE coloring pad and some cool crayons.
Then today was another EXCITING day. Jeremy was on a mission to build me some shelves in our storage room in the basement. I wanted somewhere to keep a few of our appliances that we don't use daily, and use it kind of like a pantry. He did a GREAT job. It is so nice to have a handy man as my husband. Here is a picture of the finished product...I think that I filled up all 3 shelves pretty quickly.
While we were at Lowe's (our home away from home), I started to wonder around and see if I could find any REALLY good deals. You know, something that I just COULDN'T live without. Well, I DID!!
This is my Christmas present (I only have 12 more days to use that as an excuse, so I better see what else I can't live without. :-) I have been asking for a center island ever since we have lived in this house and now I FINALLY have one. This was more then 50% off, so I just couldn't pass it up. PLUS, it was already assembled when we bought it, so that was just another reason to like it even more. Jeremy did have to touch up a few things, but it looks brand new to me. You can probably see some of Chase's toys on the side. It seems like we use toys as decorations all of the time, but at least I know he will be nice to my new center island. :-)
After church tomorrow, we have the Buske Christmas. It should be a good time. All of the presents are ready to go as well as the food. I am taking a Cheesecake and a Key Lime Ball (It looks like a Cheese ball, but it is more of a desert type of thing.) I will post some pictures either tomorrow night or early next week.
HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GREAT WEEKEND!!
2 weeks ago




1 comments:
I FINALLY got the pictures on the blog, sorry it took me so long. Are you sick of tea? Has he made it anymore since Friday?
I love the picture of Chase coloring on the floor, I can't wait to see your house when you have 9 billion colored pictures that you HAVE to display! I LOVE THE SHIRT! It looks so cute on him, I am so glad it fit.
I almost said something before we left on Friday but I decided to bite my tongue. I was going to ask Jeremy if talking about it meant that he was going to put up the shelving the next day and then I look at your blog and he did. LOL! He is such a handy guy. The shelves look great, I am sure they will make a huge difference in your kitchen and give you much more space for every day stuff.
The island is really cute - Merry Christmas, you crack me up! It looks cute.
How did the Buske Christmas go? Did you get some good stuff? I bet Chase made out good.
Hope you are having a good week!!!!!
Post a Comment