Monday, January 19, 2009

OUR FIRST PARENT EVENT

Chase's daycare was hosting an event with Happy Feet and invited all of the parents to watch. We were REALLY excited because this was going to be our first parent event. I had the camera in tow and walked in the door and started to notice that we were the ONLY parents there. HUH...maybe I got a little TOO EXCITED and had the wrong time...NOPE...I guess people just didn't think of it the way we did. We always want to make sure that Chase knows we are there to support him no matter what he does. Here are a few action shots that I took.


Here are the kids waiting to go to the session. The black lady sitting in the middle is Samantha, his teacher. She is AWESOME!!


Chase FINALLY has his soccer ball and is ready to play.

This is MIMI. She is one of Chase's best friends at school (daycare). I think that she is getting ready to graduate to the next class, but he enjoys playing with her every day.


The instructors try to teach the kids balance and ball control. I think that Chase is a little confused as to why they want him to KICK the ball when we always tell him to STOP KICKING...it was cute.



This part was cute. They were telling the kids to sit on the ball. Chase couldn't get the ball to stop moving, so he went and found a book shelf and put the ball up against it so he could sit on the ball. SMART IDEA if you ask me.




This is Samantha and Chase "waking the ball up". They were playing a game where they put the soccer ball to sleep and had to make noises to wake the ball up. It was funny.

Sitting by MIMI...she doesn't get too far out of his site.

I think that by this point, he is ready to go home...wouldn't you agree?!?

TIME TO PUT THE BALLS UP...

Once all of the balls were up, all of the kids got a stamp for being SO GOOD!! Chase took one look at the stamp and thought that his hands were dirty so he ran over to the sink and washed his hands. It was funny.


I know that some of you might not think that this is that big of a deal, but this is the part that we have been looking forward to in Chase's life. We really enjoy watching him interact with other kids.

1 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

It looks like big fun, bummer you were the only parents! Bummer for them!

Thanks for sharing the pics. They are great!