Tuesday, January 6, 2009

RECYCLE YOUR CRAYONS



Chase is ALWAYS breaking a crayon every time that we let him color. He always wants to throw them away, so I started to research for ideas on what to do with broken crayons. I found this GREAT post on a blog that gave me the PERFECT project for me and Chase when we have enough broken crayons. We will just melt them and make our own "NEW" crayons to color with. Here is the link on how to do it.

http://momspark.blogspot.com/2008/08/recycled-crayons.html



You can even use cookie cutters to make shapes!!



ISN'T THIS A FANTASTIC IDEA?!? I don't know why I couldn't come up with something this simple. Have you thought of a way to reuse something that you may have broken or maybe just gotten sick of using it the way that it was being used and wanted something different?

3 comments:

*Just Jen* said...

What a great idea!!! I have a ton of broken crayons around the house! LOL I save the bottoms of candles, you know, when the wick burns far enough down and you still have candle left? Then I put it in an incense burner and melt it. It smells even better than it did as a candle!!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and playing the game. You get letter "I". Let me know when you post so I can read it!

Unknown said...

I think that Christian would just eat it! LOL especially if it looks like a cookie! IT is a great idea tho!

DG said...

This idea cracks me up. One weekend when I was young at at my Dad's for the weekend the 2 neighbor girls and I thought this would be a great idea. It works really well and the crayons turn out so cool, just no stirring. We got into SOOOOOO much trouble, we used her Dad's good pan to melt them in and needless to say they didn't exactly ALL come out! :) Oops! We got one cool crayon though. Just make sure you use an old pan ;) I love the shape idea, that would be a good gift for the 6 year olds Valentine's Party!