1. You ' ve ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE!
2. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do "The Carlton".
3. You know that "WOAH' comes from Joey on Blossom.
4. It was actually worth getting up early ona Saturday to watch Cartoons!


5. You wore a Pony Tail on the side of your head.
6. You got SUPER-EXCITED when it was Oregon trail day in computer class at school.
7. You played the game 'MASH' (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
8. You wore stonewashed Jordache Jean Jackets and were proud of it.
9. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF".
10. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off, his cheeks shifted and his nationality became questionable.
11. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf...
12. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
13.You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
14. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.
15. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
16. You thought Doogie Hawser/Samantha Micelli was HOT.

17. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac. 
18. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't even flinch when people refer to them as 'NKOTB'.
19. You knew all of the characters names and their life stores on 'Saved By The Bell' THE ORGINAL CLASS!
20. You know all of the words to Bon Jovi - 'SHOT THROUGH THE HEART'.
2 weeks ago




6 comments:
I'd say out of 18 out of 20 means there's no denying-I grew up in the 80's.
The only two I didn't say "yep, that was me" to were:
6-Never heard of Oregon Trail for the computer (could be regional I am in Florida OR most likely I lived in a puny school distric and we had FEW computers)
13-we exchanged freindship pins on safety pins--but the meaning was just as deep! Unfortunately, I can say I am only still friends with 1 person I exchanged them with.
Good times, thanks for the memories!
Wow! what a great trip down memory lane. I didn't grow up in the 80's but I did get to experience it all thru Jess. I guess I got the best of both worlds...growing up in the 60's and 70's and getting to be a part of the 80's too. I have to admit I could relate to them all except the Oregon Trail one. Not a clue what that is and if Jess took it at school I never heard about it. LOL!
That is hilarious! I was born in the 80's + we weren't allowed to watch tv, but I still remember alot of those!
Oregon Trail was my absolute favorite game!
Oh how I loved my Alf. I got it for Easter one year when we went to Wisconsin to visit family. It was the coolest doll ever, I miss that show!
great post...I love 80's music and could relate to everything you posted...man, I remember when everything was stonewashed...you forgot parachute pants though, ha...
woah.. i grew up in the 80's
Post a Comment