Sunday, February 14, 2010

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO US - PART 1

We are not the first one's to go out and buy each other something when it comes to Holiday's (birthday's, Anniversary's, etc.), but this Valentine's Day I got a pleasant Surprise!! I GOT NEW COUNTER TOPS IN THE KITCHEN!! We love them! Our old counter tops weren't necessarily bad, but they just weren't our favorite. Now this was on my 3 year plan, but with my impulsive husband it ended up being on the 3 month plan. I tried to take some pictures to show you the before and after, but it really doesn't do them justice.

The demo work begins...

Here is a picture of the front of our cabinets/drawers. The bottom cabinets have our old handles on them and then the drawers have our new handles on them.
The counter tops have arrived...
This is our Kitchen BEFORE we put the counter tops in.
This is our Kitchen AFTER the new counter tops.
Our OLD kitchen sink and facet...

Our NEW sink and facet...
Well...since I decided that I wanted a 60/40 sink, it didn't exactly fit the plumbing like it was supposed to. Therefore my "master" plumber had to get to work. Several hours later...and after a few phone calls...my Brother-in-law came over to save the day!!

Here is a picture of the hubby trying to get all of the plumbing worked out.
Here is a close up of our OLD counter tops...

NOW THE NEW COUNTER TOPS...
DON'T THEY JUST LOOK SO PRETTY!?!?!

THANKS HUBBY FOR THE BEST V-DAY EVER!!!

OH...There is a part two of this posting...but I will have to get pictures taken and post it later this week...let's just say IT GETS BETTER!!

Also, you may notice that there is now a row of our back splash missing...well, let's just say that new back splash is now in the works too!! YIPPEE!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The countertops look great!!!! And I LOVE the 60/40 sink, it looks great! I can't wait to see the backsplash and everything done.