I found this story when surfing the web. I thought that it was interesting so I wanted to share it with you...what do you think??
When I think of the hottest trends in hip teen clothing, I usually think of that store in the mall that has the half naked mannequins lounging around out front. What I don't think of is JCPenney. But apparently, that's exactly the direction that the national chain is trying to head in. Just take a look at their latest teen-centric ad.
JCPenney's has jumped onto the "sex sells" bandwagon, trying to update their image to attract a younger crowd. But here's what I'm wondering: The commercial clearly pokes fun at the trusting mom who sits upstairs reading her magazine while the kids "go downstairs to watch TV." At the same time, it's sending a message to teen customers that today is the day to have sex with your boyfriend, right under your mom's nose.
The thing is, that mom in the commercial likely makes up the majority of JCPenney's customer base. How are moms who are loyal to this classic and formerly pretty wholesome brand going to feel about this commercial that encourages their teens to break parental rules and engage in risky behavior? Betrayed? Angry? Suddenly not so spendy?
It seems like a big risk to take to me. What do you think about JCPenney's new commercial?
2 weeks ago




1 comments:
Ok well when I went to watch the video Bon Jovi's bridge over troubled water was playing on your playlist, didn't even notice it, I really thought it was part of the commercial, so the I will lay me down part was pretty fitting.
I think that commercial is ridiculous. First off, it has NOTHING to do with JC Penney's. Not even touching on the disrespectful to parents/mothers parts, I don't like the idea it gives kids. As a teenager you will try anything so giving them more examples is never a good thing.
Let's just say I can't imagine that commercial is going to benefit their sales in the teen or women's departments!
Post a Comment