I didn't realize that it has been so long since I have updated. This post is about a church event that my dad hosted at his house. Let's start from the beginning...
I am not sure how the event ended up being at his house, but I think that it is a blessing. It made my dad get his house back into order and gave other people a chance to help out with that. (SIDE NOTE...THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone that did help out with this process. His house now looks AMAZING!!) The name of the event was the "Men's Steak and Crab dinner". So it was ALL MEN varying in all ages. I think that they ended up having around 220 men there. Can you imagine trying to get ready to host an evening like that? Let's just say that I am glad that my dad only had to provide the place and the church did the rest. :-)
Below is a picture of the bon fire that he had. I think Jeremy helped put it together. Looks pretty good, huh?
They church showed up the day of the event at about noon. They came with Tables, chairs, orange cones for parking, and other necessities to make it a successful event.
You know how men are...start the grill up and they will come...
I must say that my dad is a parking EXPERT. He managed to get all of the cars parked on his property. He did use some of the field that is next to his house, but not too much.
I believe that all in all, it was a successful event. I could see the church wanting to have it there again. My dad has always enjoyed hosting things at his house and it is nice for him to be able to do that again. His house looked GREAT and I think that he had a really good time.
2 weeks ago




1 comments:
Oh My Goodness! That is nuts! The pictures are great, the parking one especially. I am sure this was great for your Dad. It has to be a huge boost for him to know he could pull it all off successfully and it sounds like he really enjoyed doing it. That is awesome, good for him!!!!
Post a Comment