Thursday, November 20, 2008

I know that it has been forever since I have updated. It isn't that we haven't had anything going on, the problem is that we have had TOO MUCH going on. I haven't been able to find the time to update. I keep telling myself that I just need to start a post and then add to it and I will post it eventually. Then I kept telling myself that I just need to take time to do it…they might be little posts here and there, but at least I will be posting. Well, as you can see none of that has happened. Now I know that I am going to miss something. On my last post, I thought that I updated everyone on everything that was going on then, but then I read Jess's blog and noticed that we did stuff with her that week and I didn't even write about it. No matter what I miss something. OH WELL…at least I try. I am sitting here with the calendar in front of me so that I cannot miss anything…well, I won't miss it as long as it is on the calendar which doesn't always happen.

WHERE TO BEGIN...



One of the BIGGEST things that has happened since my last post is the election. I found myself in front of the T. V. constantly. If the T. V. wasn't on, then the radio was going. I just couldn't pull away. It was always on FOX NEWS or CNN. I like to get both sides of the story. I will tell you that even though I voted for McCain, I still had to watch EVERYTHING. I just knew deep down that he was going to lose, but I just had to see it happen. We were in a history defining moment and I wasn't about to miss any of it. Between the snap shots of Chicago and the crowd that Obama had, to the snap shot of McCain's crowd. They were both just amazing. I can't believe that there was that many people that turned out for each. One of the many things that is great about this election is the turnout of voters. Not just any voters, but particularly the young voters. America needed something to make them wake up and realize that it is a privilege to vote and they need to take advantage of it. I thought that the acceptance speech was annoying, but it was still neat and interesting to watch.

Then on the 8th, we were kidless!! It was fun and Chase did GREAT!! He stayed the night with Jeremy's parents. His dad is so funny when Chase is around. He has so much energy and feeds him all of the candy and ice cream that he wants. I try to ignore that part. We really appreciate their help with Chase. While Chase was at his Grandparent's house, we were with Jess and Rickey (Go figure…). We went over to their house for a get together. They are so good at hosting things. I know that some of you know that Jeremy is a drummer, but did you know that he can play the guitar too?!? WELL...on Rock Band anyway.




We had a good time as always. We met Jeremy's parents at our church to go to church and then we took Chase home with us. We were all so tired from a full filled weekend.

THEN THERE WAS THE BIGGEST DAY OF THE WEEK!! TUESDAY...NOV. 11th!!! You may wonder what I did...WELL...let me give you some pictures and see if you can figure it out...



Figure it out yet?


IT WAS THE NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK CONCERT!!
I know you are jealous. It was such a blast. Jess called me a while ago and said, "I got you NKOTB ticket and you are going". Everyone thought that we were so crazy, but I just love the old school band concerts. They know how to entertain, appreciate and have fun. Plus they will ALWAYS play a ton of their old school songs. That is one of my favorite things. Plus another thing that happened at the very beginning of the concert was we got upgraded seats. Here are a few more random pictures from the night.







Then on the 15th we were getting in the Christmas spirit. Jess and I went to the Christmas Warehouse. If you haven't ever been, then you need to go. It is off of Botts Road in Grandview MO. Let me know if you need directions. It is REALLY simple to get to. HUGE Christmas trees for under $300, Ornaments for $.50 and up. We were there for a few hours, then grabbed a bite to eat, then went on our own way. It is always a blast to hang out with Jess and luckily we have been able to do that a lot lately.

This weekend, I am hoping that Jeremy can take a few hours off on Saturday and go with Chase and I to a holiday open house at Jess and Rickey's. They all ready have all of the Christmas decorating done, and they have a chance for the guests to shop with some vendors in their home. Like I said before, always a good time. This year (I don't know if they do it every year), they are trying to participate in operation Christmas Child. I think that is what it is called. We are bringing a shoe box full of toys to donate for a child in need. The shoe box is wrapped like a Christmas present.



Then inside you put whatever toys, school supplies, books, etc. that you want the child to receive. I wrapped a few of the gifts so they would feel like there were having a Christmas too.



We got some books, a few hats, and some maracas. Whoever gets this gift is going to drive everyone CRAZY!!



****SIDE NOTE****

I found a picture of Chase with another back up costume from Halloween. We thought that maybe if he didn't like wearing a costume that we could always have him wear a mask.



Hope you enjoyed my LONG update. I am sure that there is something that I forgot, but it will just have to wait until next week.


4 comments:

BNW Photography said...

Great update! I missed hearing about what was going on with you guys....so it was nice to see the new post!! I sure miss you! I would love to call you sometime to catch up! Hope all is well....Bobby has been keeping me posted on Jeremy! I guess they talk every now and then! Anyway, call me sometime! I'll be around this weekend if you aren't busy!

Unknown said...

Nice update Jenny..... good job! Glad to see you are still alive & kickin'.... LOL

DG said...

WOW! We have had a crazy month! LOL! It has been so much fun keeping the calender full. We are so blessed to have you 3 in our lives, we enjoy every minute of it. The mask picture of Chase is a little scary, the dog costume was a much better pick! :)I love the picture of you and him. I especially love that he is starting to smile for the camera instead of just giving the stare! I can't believe that my best friend, the one who has been there for me since I was 14 has a 2 1/2 year old. It's crazy, there are still moments that I can't believe you are married with a kid, it makes me feel old but I LOVE IT! You have grown into such an amazing woman and I couldn't be any prouder to call you my friend than I was at 14!

PS...About time you bothered to post something on here! :)

Unknown said...

Finally!!!!! Yea I knew if I bugged you, you would post!! Nice update! I love the pics! Thanks for the update!