Well, our life is once again a whirlwind. We are LOVING every minute of it. This past weekend was packed full with work and play. After work on Friday, I hurried home to meet Jeremy and Chase. We ate quickly and then loaded up in the car for a fun filled evening. My dad met us at our Church for "Trunk or Treat". Our parking lot was full of cars with decorated trunks. It was really nice to go to because we didn't have to worry about Chase running into the street, we could just let him run around in the parking lot.
Chase was a Dog this year. You might remember this costume from a few months ago. A lady that I work with brought it to work and I tried it on Chase, but I didn't think it would still fit. So we bought a back up costume just in case. He was going to be a monkey if the puppy costume didn't fit. BUT WE WERE IN LUCK...HE WAS A PUPPY!!
Chase and my dad walked around together. We just followed. We knew that Chase would listen to Grandpa before he would us. We just aren't cool enough. :-)
This lady brought her horse and dressed it up as a camel. It was pretty neat. it had the hump on it's back and everything. I don't think Chase knew what to think of it.
There were a lot of puppies dressed up too. This one was our favorite.
I think that by the end of the night, Chase had the concept of what to do. He started to help himself. It was funny. We couldn't get him to say Trick or Treat, but he was really good at saying "CANDY PLEASE".
This is a guy that was all dressed up. Isn't this a GREAT costume? I to this day have no idea who the man is behind the mask, but it was fun taking a picture with him.
AND my other favorite part of the night was Chase's twin that we found. This isn't the best picture, but it is the best that we could get of them.
Then on Saturday night, we were kidless. It was GREAT. Mom and Dad needed a night away. Our night away from home was spent in Blue Springs. I know...not very far, but far enough for us. :-) We spent the evening and night with Jess and Rickey. We ate dinner at Texas Roadhouse. If you haven't been there, you need to make a point to go. It is one of my favorite restaurants. If anything, you have to go just for the rolls...they are to DIE FOR. Then we went to the movies. We watched Saw V. I know what some of you are thinking...why would we go see that!? Well, we have seen the other 4, so you can't stop after that many. You kind of just have to see the rest. (That was Jess's theory and I think that it is a pretty good one.) After the movie, we went back to their house and played Rock Band. I remember when we hung out with Jess and Rickey for the first time (this was back when they had their apartment in Olathe), we watched them play Guitar Hero (A game that is similar to Rock Band) and I remember thinking that they were such dorks and I would NEVER like this game. We still loved hanging out with them, but I never thought we would spend a kidless night playing this game. Sure enough...here we were with 1 person on the drums, 1 person on Bass Guitar, 1 person Singing and 1 person on Lead Guitar. MAN...we were an awesome band. We might have gotten booed off of the stage a time or two, but I thought we were good.
Well, that was our weekend last week. We have another packed full weekend this week. I will be sure to update you after it all happens. HOPE EVERYONE VOTED TODAY!!
2 weeks ago




6 comments:
The matching dog costume picture is too cute. He looks so cute, and big, geesh, he looks 5 feet tall in that costume!
I knew you would like Rock Band, I just let you go on thinking we were dorks because I knew the minute you touched it you would be hooked...it is too much of a challenge to not get completely hooked on it!!!!
Sounds like fun was had by all!
*muah*
Sounds like fun was had by all!
*muah*
Woot Woot.... double comment!
Our church did Trunk or Treat as well...great idea huh?!
Oh- and I have to admit, the horse dressing up as a camel cracked me up!!
Glad you had fun!
Okay really...time for an update!!!! Anything, you know how life is going, ect!!
Post a Comment