Friday, December 26, 2008

CHRISTMAS ROUND 3

Round 1 --- The Boyd's
Round 2 --- The In-Law's
Round 3 --- The Swim's

We usually have Christmas with my side of the family on at my dad's house on Christmas Eve, but Jeremy has either had to miss it or leave after only being there for a few hours because of work. Some people forget that there are some professions out there that still have to work on major holiday's and we need to be sure to be thankful for them. :-) This year, we hosted Christmas at our house. We love to host things, but we can't ever seem to find the time.

We left town on the 19th and returned on the 21st (this will be another post) and then had my family over the night of the 21st. When we got back in town, Chase was a lump on log. He had been coughing all weekend and had a runny nose, but it just all of a sudden hit him. He could barely keep his eyes open, would just sit on the couch, wouldn't eat anything, and had a temp of 102. All within an hour or so.



He tried his hardest to participate, but was having a horrible time staying awake. We usually eat first and then open presents, but I didn't think Chase would make it that long, so we opened presents first...which everyone was okay with. :-)





His cousin was trying to figure out what was wrong with him. Here he is trying to listen to Chase's heart. TOO FUNNY...



Chase started to enjoy time with everyone, but that didn't last too long. After all of the presents we opened, off to bed he went. Poor little guy...



I think that Christan was okay with Cousin going to bed because he had free rein over all of the toys, old and new. I think that he was entertained by all of the cars the most. OH...if Chase only knew what was going on while he was passed out.



And you can guess what the hit of this party was (well, out of Chase's gifts)...



OF COURSE...ANOTHER ELMO!! He loves this one too. This one will tell him stories, blow him kisses and dance with him. As you can tell by the picture, Chase decided that Elmo needed to hold his passy for him. He found one under his bed, so I told him to either give it to Elmo (because I thought it would be funny) or put it in his pocket. You can probably guess which one he chose.

One reason that I am glad that Christmas is over is the food. I think that I have ate more in the past few weeks then I have ate the last few months. MAN...this is a picture of just a few snacks that we ate over the holiday's (and might I add that the food is sitting on my new kitchen island. :-) Aren't they displayed nicely?!? THANKS Jeremy for another GREAT PRESENT!! You might also notice that Chase's toys have successfully taken over the shelves on the side of the island.)



This Christmas was also a success. Everyone got some GREAT stuff. I think that one of the best things my dad has ever gotten me and Jeremy for a gift is what he got us this year. We are using a week of his timeshare. We are going to go to San Antonio in February. The best part is that we even have someone to watch Chase all week!! Who you might ask?!? THE BOYD'S...WHO ELSE?!? :-) THANKS dad for the gift and THANKS Boyd's for the babysitting offer. We wouldn't be able to make this trip without the help.

1 comments:

DG said...

Passy Elmo is so cute. It sounds like you had a good Swim Christmas. I can't get over how big the boys are getting, time sure flies. I hope Chase is feeling better, he looks so sad when he is sick! Poor little guy!