Friday, December 26, 2008

CHRISTMAS ROUND 4

Round 4 is our family Christmas. It started out kind of rough. Chase still wasn't feeling good and didn't really sleep that much over the past few nights. He was crying all morning, so we didn't do the whole "open gift" thing right away. We wanted to make sure that he was going to enjoy his Christmas with mom and dad. I was thinking in my head that we might have to wait a few days to have Christmas if he didn't start to feel better. But, at about 10:30, he stopped crying and took a little nap, so he was feeling a little better. This Christmas was the most important to us because we want to make sure that we have traditions within our own household. This year, we figure that Chase is old enough to start learning the meaning of Christmas. So, Jeremy found this book that tells the story of Christmas. Not just an animated story, but the story about Jesus' birth. That is the first gift that we let Chase open.



We sat down as a family and read the book together. It is a kids version that will grow with him for a little while, then we will find another version for when he is older. He kept wanting to turn the pages, but we figure by next year, he will enjoy reading it with us.

Then Chase started to open all of his other gifts. The only gifts that needed to be opened we for Chase, so it worked out perfect. We didn't have to work on making him wait his turn. That part was kind of nice. That will be a learning lesson next year. :-)









Then Chase headed down the hallway to his room with a present. It is like he thought he was going to have to share it so he wanted to open it by himself. It was too funny. I couldn't grab the camera in time to get a picture of him running, but I did get to him in time to help him get the toy out. I think that this was the hit of our Christmas party. HE LOVES TO CLEAN!! I hope that this stage will last forever.







Jeremy ordered a new gun for Christmas, so that was his gift and I got my center island for my gift. Jeremy did happen to order me one more small thing.





I just got it in the mail today. I always see these on cars and have always wanted one. It was completely unexpected. It is complete with my Police Officer husband, my curly headed son, and me with my hard hat in tact. SO COOL!! Jeremy said that he saw one on the back of a car and thought that it was so dorky, but he knew that I would like it. He was right, I love it and it is already on my truck (as you can see in the picture above.)

Well, I think that covers all of our Christmas times. I will update you more on our weekend get away and everything else in our lives sometime this weekend (or maybe next week)

What did everyone else do for Christmas? Be sure to update your blogs or e-mail me. I love to hear how people spend the Holiday's.

1 comments:

DG said...

I am really surprised you guys made it to Christmas before you gave him the broom/dustpan thing! That's impressive, I know how hard it is for you and Jeremy both to wait! But it looks like it paid off, he looks so cute playing with him. The sticker is ADORABLE! Jeremy did so good. I love the hard hat, and his curl is perfect. It looks great on the truck!