Sunday, January 25, 2009

TERRIBLE TWO'S

Let me just start off saying that "WE LOVE OUR SON". :-)

MAN...it has been a rough couple of days. Chase is making it VERY well known that he is 2 and that he is allowed for the next year to do whatever he wants...so he thinks!!

The last few days, he has been in to EVERYTHING. It may not sound that bad, but when toys are flying at windows, at the t.v., down the stairs...OR...when feet are kicking, hands are hitting, non-stop screaming at EVERYTHING...it seems a little worse. After Jeremy and Chase had boys day all day on Friday, and Chase was acting like this, we were very much looking forward to our date night that night.



My dad came over to save the day. :-) We went out with a friend of ours that I have known for years. I went to school with Brett, and he just recently got engaged, so we are getting to know his fiancee', Suzanne too. We don't get to hang out with them very often because Brett travels a lot for work and Jeremy works nights. BUT, we did manage to find a night this past weekend. We went to the LEGENDS to eat at STIX and then came back to our house for game night. My dad arrived at 6 and Chase passed out soon after. I don't think they even got to play together...He was a sleepy boy. :-)

Since Chase went to bed so early, he was ready to play at about 5 A.M.. Which by the time I got up with him it was about 5:30. He was hyper and ready to go. The night before, the UPS guy delivered some stuff that I ordered a few weeks ago and so I had to go through the boxes. Chase was all about "helping"...helping get everything out of the BIG box so he could play in it.



That was just the start of our day...not too bad...but then, he decided later in the day that he would try to cook himself something to eat. Which is fine. I don't mind him helping and making his own decisions with what he wants to eat (with a little guidance of course), but he has to let me know first. WELL, here is what happened, I will just let the pictures tell the story...







Guess he wanted some scrambled eggs...

Let's just say that we are glad that Friday and Saturday are over and can't wait to see what Sunday brings. :-)

1 comments:

DG said...

The pictures of Chase are SO funny. I love him in the box, too cute. I can't wait to see the AtHome stuff. ;)

The date night picture is really cute. I'm so jealous, that sounds so good! Jeremy sure looks to be the messiest eater at the table, LOL! :)

Hope you had a good weekend in the midst of the Terrible 2's. They can be consuming but you will get past it, here's praying they don't last very long!