Friday, January 22, 2010

It's CHRISTmas Time

So I know that it has been AGES since I last posted on our blog. Time just keeps getting away from me. I really need to stop using that as an excuse and maybe stay up past 8 o'clock and then I can post some more. :-)

I thought I would go back and update you on some things that we have been doing the past few months.

This year, Chase was finally big enough that Christmas was a BLAST! He actually opened all of his own presents (and maybe a few that weren't his) and loved EVERY bit of it. He also "helped" in the decorating process. Last year he broke about 5-6 ornaments when he "helped" decorate and then put up the Christmas tree. This year we did MUCH better. He only broke ONE!

BUT...at least he cleaned up his own mess!! He really thinks that it is cool to clean up his messes. Boy do I wish that trait would stay FOREVER!

Then I was hanging up wreaths around the house, he decided to hang all of the stockings on our front door with the wreath hanger. It was so fun to watch him tell me where I needed to put things while decorating.

Then we had a little battle over his new "boots". He was convinced that Santa had sent those to him and that they were not going to be hanging anywhere, but on his FEET! These are just extra stockings that I have received over the years. I use them for random gifts around Christmas, but now they are Chases's "Boots" every year for Christmas...SO FUNNY!

I also buy him some decorations that he gets to play with also. You know those REALLY annoying, singing, plush items that play, dance, light up, etc. that we all LOVE?!? Well...we have about 3 or 4 that Chase gets to put out every year and they are his toys for the next few months. Then we started to decorate with the "pretties". OH BOY...that is when mom decided that she had enough "help and we waited until dad got home to work. He was SO EXCITED when he found a Santa, but Santa made it and all is okay. THEN...off to stuffing and sealing our Christmas cards. That is one thing that we will do EVERY year. We both have too many family members that we don't get to see, so we want to make sure that they always get a picture of us. Chase is just growing up too fast to not at least take a family picture every year. (And YES...I did cut my hair since the last family picture. I cut off about 12 inches or so...)
Then it was time to make COOKIES for the neighbors!! I already had them all baked, but we still had to decorate them. That was the part that Chase got to "help" with next.


LOVE THIS PICTURE!!

So the cookie decorating started...

Those who know Chase REALLY well, know that he is always trying to use his lip towards getting what he wants. LOOK AT THIS KID...can he look any more pathetic?? You would think that we took EVERYTHING away from him.

The cookies are finally starting to come together...
Then dad was the coolest person EVER because he let Chase start to eat the frosting, the sprinkles, then the COOKIES!!
So here are the plates 1/2 done. All that was left was to put on the cookies that Chase decorated...
I don't think that Chase understood what we were doing at first...


He was SO PROUD of his MASTERPIECE!!

Then out the door we went...




We have 6 neighbors that we were going to take cookies. Surprisingly EVERYONE was home!! I don't know how lucky we are, but maybe we should have played the lotto that night?!? ;-) Those are pretty good odds catching everyone at their house!


Then Chase got to hang out with Ty for a little bit. Ty is a little boy that lives up the street from us. His dad works with Jeremy and his mom, Brandi, has an AMAZING photography business. That is who we have had take some of our pictures in the past. It was good to talk with them for a while. Then back home we went...Then this is what we got to wake up to!!

My poor dad...he stayed the night with us and when Jeremy tried to leave for work the next morning, his car got stuck in the driveway. So he jumped in my truck and left. Then my dad went out there and dug it out and got it back in the garage. :-) We all LOVE our daddy's...
Then Chase thought that he would "help". He is just a big helper!


Well...that is just a little bit of what we did over the Christmas Holiday. I will try to post more often. I really need to unload my camera, so it will be some random posting for a while.

2 comments:

Crystal Escobar said...

Hey thank you for the sweet comment :)
I just love all those pics and your commentary. Looks like you had a great holiday. That las picture is just adorable. So cute how he wants to help. My daughter gets so excited when we're making dinner, and desperately wants to do everything herself.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the update...FIIIIIIIIIIINALLY! ;) The picture of Chase with the stockings on his feet is AWESOME! So cute!