Saturday morning while Jeremy was working I took Chase over to spend some time with his cousin ( I guess I should say two cousins since Lily has been born, but he really only "plays" with Christian, so that is why I say cousin because that is what we call him. :-), great-grandparents, Aunt D and Uncle Jory. They had a BLAST!! Cousin already has his Halloween costume and it was a big hit with the boys. Here is Cousin (Christian for those who want his REAL name :-) trying it on for us.
The tail was probably the best part. Chase just couldn't leave it alone, so I came up with a little game. They both LOVE trains (I would even have to say that Cousin is OBSESSED with trains) so I told them to get in a line and make a train.

IT WORKED OUT GREAT!! They had so much fun going around the house making train noises and Aunt D even had a little toy that would make sounds like a REAL TRAIN!! I was even impressed with that !!


Then it was Chase's turn to wear the costume. First we had to SQUEEZE him into it because he is just a bit bigger then Cousin. After he had it on, it was the
Monkey costume all over again. He couldn't stand to have his feet and hands covered, so the first thing he tried to do was get them out!!

Then I have to say that he is SO MY KID because he lost his balance while trying to do so...TOO FUNNY!!

Then, as you all know Jeremy and I are VERY strict when it comes to Chase's nap time and bed time. We are probably stricter then we need to be, but it seems to work for us and helps us "maintain" our VERY busy child. Anyway, Chase and I left around 11ish and headed home for lunch and nap time. And let me tell you, I LOVE NAP TIME!! It is one thing that I miss from when I use to be a stay at home mom. I always looked forward to taking a nap when he did or getting a few things done while he took his nap, etc. I think you get the idea.
Well, I thought I would be "COOL" and let him have a pizza lunchable for lunch. I buy a few of these whenever they are on sale because they ALWAYS come in handy if I have to run somewhere over lunch time and Chase is STARVING. He has never had a Pizza Lunchable before so I was trying to teach him how to "make" a pizza. I think he got it down pretty good until the end...

He was determined to make it a SANDWICH!! So, he ate his "pizza" like a sandwich. He thought that it was the COOLEST thing ever. How sad is it that I thrive off of my kid thinking that I am COOL?!?
Then today after Church, I took Chase out to eat with my grandparents before they had to leave to go back to Oklahoma. My dad came with us too!! Chase was so excited because he has only actually ate in a restaurant a handful of times. I have to admit that if he acts as good as he did today, we might just take him out in public more often. :-) (GOTTA LOVE 2 YEAR OLDS!!)
Even after we had a 30 min wait to get our seats, 10 min. wait to get our food (which isn't bad) and then 15-20 min. to eat it all he did GREAT!! I don't remember the last time he sat still for that long. I wish I would have taken more pictures while we were eating out because we probably looked ridiculous trying to keep Chase entertained while waiting to be seated, but it was still a blast!!
Well, I am sure you are all SHOCKED that I have been posting a lot lately, but I am trying to get back on track with keeping everyone update on our family life and I need to take some more "therapy" time for myself. Which means get some thoughts out of my head and put it down on paper, well these days I put it down on a computer!! :-)
HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT WEEKEND!!
1 comments:
I am so loving the updates again. I have been reading just not commenting, but loving them. And you will be shocked to see that I am about to update my blog too...it's been almost a month, shocking I know, but hopefully it won't happen again! :)
The picture with your Dad & Grandpa is too cute. He is growing up to be such a good little boy! And I love the Lunchables pizza sandwich, actually makes me feel much better because Seven does the same thing, LOL! ;)
Post a Comment